Sunday, October 22, 2017

Based on a True Story

 Based On A True Story By: Phillip R. Garrison   I recently read an article (from the most reputable source) about an amazing rescue by a local hero named J.C.  The article stated that J.C.’s father knew about a burning building with many helpless people trapped inside.  The father sent J.C. to rescue everyone in the building.  The article went on to describe the facts of the event and stated that all of the occupants were completely helpless to save themselves from certain death.  Reading further, the article stated that all of the occupants were rescued by J.C. but some amazingly were rescued with no injuries at all.  Several days later, I was describing this good news to a friend of mine named Thomas who told me that he personally knows J.C.  As Thomas listened, I noticed a funny look come over his face.  Thomas shook his head as I finished giving him the facts I had read and explained to me that he too had read the story but that I was mistaken as to the facts of the good news.  He said that J.C.’s father sent him to the burning building and wanted everyone to be rescued but sadly, J.C. only rescued a very few of those trapped in the building.  The only individuals J.C. managed to rescue and save from death were a few smart individuals who yelled for help.  For my part, I still believe what I read in the most reliable source. “For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.” (1 Tim. 4:10) “Who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Tim. 2:4) “Therefore, as by the offense of one, judgment came upon all men to condemnation, even so by the righteousness of one, the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” (Rom. 5:18) “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works lest any man should boast.” (Eph. 2:8-9)  

No comments:

Post a Comment